Skip to main content

Hey Guys, Have a NEW roam. When I charge it the orange LED comes on for about 10 seconds and then goes out. The unit is still charging . Is this normal for the orange LED to go out when charging? Will it turn green when done charging? Im using the USB C that came with the unit and I picked up the Sonos charging brick as well. thanks in advance! 

If you open the Sonos App, it will show the % charge of your Roam.

Hi @harleymhs, welcome to the Sonos Community!

The Roam will show an amber LED for about 10 seconds when placed on charge, and it’s normal for the LED to go out while still charging :)

there is no indicator of full charge.  You need to use the app to see the charge status.

If you open the Sonos App, it will show the % charge of your Roam.

Hi @harleymhs, welcome to the Sonos Community!

The Roam will show an amber LED for about 10 seconds when placed on charge, and it’s normal for the LED to go out while still charging :)

there is no indicator of full charge.  You need to use the app to see the charge status.

Just collating these as we’ve each provided a piece of the puzzle :)

Another strange and unintuitive design decision, IMO.  How many devices turn on a amber/red light when charging and then that light turns green or goes off when done charging?  Possibly ALL of my battery powered devices - except Sonos. 

Having said that, I love my Move and just got used to the amber light going out and have faith that it is still charging.

... just got used to the amber light going out and have faith that it is still charging.

Yeah.  I just check the charge level when using the app from either my phone or one of my PCs.  It shows the lowest charge value of the paired speakers.  So I expect it to be at 100%, which it is.