Skip to main content

Hi all,

Sorry if already asked and answered but I haven’t seen any clear statement about this.

(do not hesitate to send a link else). 

Is that possible to use the Sonos Roam in hands free mode for phone calls, or even better, for visioconf with PC / Mac ?

Thanks

Ben

Deleted comment

I very much doubt it, but it’s not explicit in the details so far. 

Hi @BenSound 

Roam is not able to be used as a speakerphone. I’ve answered a lot of these kinds of questions on the Announcement thread for Roam, I’d suggest having a read of that if you have any other questions :relaxed:

Thanks a lot for your answer and the effort made.

A shame it’s not the case, since the product has powerful mic and BT connectivity, it would be a “killer feature” (at least for me !! ah ha).

Just wanted to register my disappointment with not being able to use Roam for phone calls. My spouse is hard of hearing and so just using the phone speaker is not good enough. The volume on the Roam would be perfect for calls; it was a big and unpleasant surprise when I connected the speaker via Bluetooth but it did not show up as a sound output on the phone.

Purchased the roam and it’s a great product!  Amazing sound and the mic is great on it.   But, not having the ability to take phone calls over speakerphone with a Bluetooth speaker is a huge issue IMO.  Heck, I have a Bluetooth speaker from 5+ years ago that can take phone calls just fine - but a BT speaker released in 2021 can’t? 

Hopefully, Sonos can update the firmware to support this feature as this is the only missing feature I can think of.

I am quiet surprised and disappointed to find out that this simple feature is not available on the Sonos Roam “ not having the ability to take phone calls over speakerphone with a Bluetooth speaker is a huge issue to me to as it was also mentioned by the above person “Exerias” 

For not providing this feature in BT or in WiFi feature in 2021 by SONOS is quiet surprising .

I  have three other BT potable speakers (reputable and world renowned brand names) they are four years old (2017) and all have this feature to take phone calls over speakerphone with a Bluetooth on these potable wireless speakers. I am still very pleased with performances and features and sound quality and they cost about the same as the Roam.

Sonos TEAM- please let us know if this feature would be available to us soon with your next firmware update 

Not having this feature in 2021 on the ROAM is a big issue for me and it does provide and does not serve it full potential purpose as mentioned in my above statement. 

Sonos TEAM- please let me/ us know ASAP if this feature would be available to us soon with your next firmware update 

Kind of surprised this wasn’t part of the build. My 10yo Big JamBox had this, along with an 1/8” aux in. Hopefully the telephony piece can be added via firmware update?

Not having this feature in 2021 on the ROAM is a big issue for me and it does provide and does not serve it full potential purpose as mentioned in my above statement. 

Sonos TEAM- please let me/ us know ASAP if this feature would be available to us soon with your next firmware update 

You aren't going to get an answer.  Sonos very rarely says what features it is currently working on, and when they do, it is only to announce partnerships like Apple Airplay or Spotify Connect.  

You aren't going to get an answer.  Sonos very rarely says what features it is currently working on, and when they do, it is only to announce partnerships like Apple Airplay or Spotify Connect.  

The reason  why a manufacturer crest a community page like this is so that they ( Sonos developers and customers services ) can hear thier costumers-  users -our concerns and problems that we see and have with thier product so they can do something about it . it is there for us users to chit chat to other user to get issues out of chest of our chest and it is not for a counselling session to each other 

*****isn’t that right Sonos team ? *****

The reason  why a manufacturer crest a community page like this is so that they ( Sonos developers and customers services ) can hear thier costumers-  users -our concerns and problems that we see and have with thier product so they can do something about it . it is there for us users to chit chat to other user to get issues out of chest of our chest and it is not for a counselling session to each other 

*****isn’t that right Sonos team ? *****

Whatever you say, you’re still not going to get an answer from Sonos. They simply do not comment on future releases. 

YES- and we sincerely hope they will notice these comments, and take notes of their customers comments so to help them to implement/ work on the solution available to us soon with the next firmware updates.

YES- and we sincerely hope they will notice these comments, and take notes of their customers comments so to help them to implement/ work on the solution available to us soon with the next firmware updates.

It's been requested since the launch of the Move.  If they haven't listened by now, I wouldn't be holding my breath.

I just bought a Sonos Roam, i changed another bluetooth loudspeaker that was not satisfying me for the poor audio quality. The Sonos is another level, great sound, beautiful look, very small light and portable, but it's a great pity that doesn't support free hand calls, can't imagine why. I don't know if it's possible to implement this feature via software upgrade, that would be the cherry on the cake. I use it on my small sailing boat, it fits perfectly on the boom, is loud enough to play in open air, has a great audio details, plays very good and it's very light, with free hands would be perfect!

Please implement this functionality if it's possible