Skip to main content
Low end and mid range distortions
Hi guys, got myself the sonos 5 (2 gen), can't have got any better but for one glitch, at low end bass frequencies there is a jarring sound..... Like a Brrrrrrrr, sounds like that the drivers are torn, and this is when the volume is turned up at 50% only. A song like innocent man by Billy Joel really jarrs. Suprisingly the same brrrrrr and jarring also occurs whe the true play starts its sound. I have tried all ideas by resenting etc also, but nothing helps.

It gets better.. I am in India and there is no Sonos here so the option to take this for a change or fix is not an option unless I hand carry it to a sonos country....

Help guys
Hi Rohit, it sounds like you might be right about a torn driver, or something wrong with one of the speakers. You're most likely going to need to get the unit replaced, which as you said will be a little tricky. To get things started, and at least confirm what we suspect, it'd be good to give us a call on our support line.
Hi Ryan, thanks for your message.. am simply shocked that there can be a torn driver possibility for a Sonia that is less than 30 days. Just do not accept this level of quality from a brand such as yours.

Am calling your help line
Obviously Ryan feels the same way, since he's already indicated that they would likely replace the unit.