Answered

Sonos One stolen

• 2 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hello,

a SonoS one has been stolen, is there a way to find where it is ,if connected to wi fi, and/or de activate it?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 December 2022, 15:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello,

a SonoS one has been stolen, is there a way to find where it is ,if connected to wi fi, and/or de activate it?

Contact Sonos support, they may be able to help.

Contact your local police.  They can then contact Sonos.  For obvious reasons, Sonos isn’t going to track an item without an official police report. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have contacted SonoS support, they told me they can’t deactivate or get to know where an item is….

I have contacted SonoS support, they told me they can’t deactivate or get to know where an item is….

As I stated, they aren’t going to do anything unless contacted by the police.  This is to prevent them from getting involved in frivolous disputes, like between roommates or divorcing spouses. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @flybyme 

Please have your local law enforcement contact Sonos with a formal request for information. You will need to give them your Sonos registered email address and Sonos case number. We can not provide you with any details regarding the next attempted registration of the device, but we can supply them to the police in the correct circumstances.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

thank you all