Answered

Sonos One SL , disappears from my system.

• 20 February 2024
  • 4 replies

When I move my speaker from 1 room to another, unplugging and plugging back in, it disappears from my system, I then reconnect it by holding the connect button whilst I plug in. I follow the connection instruction and all works until I move it again. 

is there anything I can do to stop this from happening every time I move the speaker?? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 February 2024, 17:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Buy another speaker . Name it differently for the other room. Switch rooms on the app. 

Don’t reset the speaker every time you move it. Just plug it in, and give it a minute to reconnect to your WiFi. 

It certainly wouldn’t hurt, in the meantime, to reboot your router while the Sonos speaker was unplugged. But not something you would want or need to do every time you moved the speaker. 

Which speaker? Are there any other SONOS units in the house? Describe your network for us. What model router are you using?

I have since fixed the issue, in settings I went to networks, update networks, followed the steps and added all speakers again . All is working perfectly now. 

Thanks all for your help.