Skip to main content
Hi There,

I have read the other topics but thought I would make my own as I am experiencing the same problems.

My Sonos keeps dropping out. At this stage I only have 1 room with a Playbar + Sub called Lounge.

I have changed my routers channel to the least clogged channel but still keep getting the dropouts.

I have a standard setup and no boost. My Playbar is a WiFi connection and not wired.

Would a Sonos Boost help?

I have sent diagnostics, the confirmation number is 1473402848.

Love my Sonos just wished it would stop dropping out. Thanks for your time.
Without knowing the layout of your home it's difficult to be 100% sure but 'Yes' a Boost is designed to help in these situations. If you order from Sonos directly, you can use their 100 day returns policy if the problem remains.
If you want Sonos Staff to look at your diagnostic the twitter and facebook support are open 24x7 and that would be worth doing before spending money on a Boost and possibly having to return it.

If you could run an Ethernet to your Sonos that would eliminate the need for a Boost.
Hi there, Arch Angelos. Anytime you have a wireless setup and are encountering audio interruptions or dropouts, it is usually better to try out the Boost configuration. However, it is important to note that you do not need a Boost to try this out. For more information check out this article which outlines the differences between Wireless and Boost configurations.

Let us know if the dropouts continue after trying out Boost configuration.