Skip to main content
Question

Sonos arc pair with sonos one still Dolby?

• 18 July 2024
  • 6 replies

Hello! If i pair my Sonos Arc with a One, will the sound still be in dolby atmos (Apple music) in the Arc or not? Thanks in advance for your answers and sorry for my bad english...

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You’ll need 2 Ones or a One and a One SL for the rear surround speakers. As I understand it, it will then be Atmos but without height effect sounds from behind. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

You’ll need 2 Ones or a One and a One SL for the rear surround speakers. As I understand it, it will then be Atmos but without height effect sounds from behind. 

Hello! No it’s not for the rear surrounds. I already have two play 1 for that. I’ts when I pair my arc with the one which is not in the same room...

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hello! If i pair my Sonos Arc with a One, will the sound still be in dolby atmos (Apple music) in the Arc or not? Thanks in advance for your answers and sorry for my bad english...

No. It will revert to Lossless on the Arc. I just tried it, grouping with another room while playing an Atmos track on the Arc. Once you ungroup and restart the track on the Arc, it becomes Dolby Atmos again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

EDIT: The above referred to music. If playing a TV show in Atmos, then YES, the show remains in Atmos on the Arc when you group with another room.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

No. It will revert to Lossless on the Arc. I just tried it, grouping with another room while playing an Atmos track on the Arc. Once you ungroup and restart the track on the Arc, it becomes Dolby Atmos again.

Thank you very much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Don’t miss my edit/2nd post too!! :)