SONOS ARC makes a BOOM noise

• 27 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi all

i just wanted to report my SONOS ARC literally makes a BOOM (explosion noise) during TV playback and then sounds stop. This never happened before. 

Only changing point is my system was unplugged from electricity for about a week while I was on trip, I came back today and turn my system on and after some tv playback that strange noise appears.

See diagnostics number: 673888573

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Actually I notice it happens only with my ARC plugged to TV and using XBOX series X with ATMOS output enabled. Strange thing is this never happens before, not really sure if there’s any damage to speakers itself because pop/boom noise was really hard.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I made additional trials and 5.1 output from XBOX works perfect, no crashes or pops loud… seems ATMOS signal is the issue…

You may want to look in the “home theater” section of this forum, there’s at least one, perhaps more threads about this. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

You may want to look in the “home theater” section of this forum, there’s at least one, perhaps more threads about this. 

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately no clear answer… the only solution I found was changing XBOX audio signal output from ATMOS to Dolby Digital