Question

Should you leave the Play 1 switched on all the time or unplug it when not in use?

• 15 March 2014
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Should you leave the Play 1 switched on all the time or unplug it when not in use?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Sonos components are meant to be left on.  They do enter a low-power state about a minute after the music stops. 
Hi. Any feedback or views on this question since posted 2014?
No change. Sonos speakers are active network components meant to be left on at all times. They do enter a lowered power state when not playing music.
Thanks. Appreciate it. Wasn't sure if leaving it on shortened its lifespan of components.
Thanks. Appreciate it. Wasn't sure if leaving it on shortened its lifespan of components.

Probably the reverse - most electronic devices don't like being switched on and off, and frequently fail at the switch-on point.
Appreciate advice.
i unplugged mine and took 2hours and 30mins to get them to reconnect to my network. i haven't unplugged mine since. would recommend keeping them plugged in
i unplugged mine and took 2hours and 30mins to get them to reconnect to my network. i haven't unplugged mine since. would recommend keeping them plugged in
You actually have major network issues, irrespective of the virtues of leaving the devices powered. A freshly powered up Sonos player should be ready to play in about 1 minute -- 2 minutes tops.
my internet if fine. connected within seconds the first time i set them up but the second time just wasn't working