Skip to main content

What is the best way to go about pushing Sonos or another 3rd party vendor to make a sleeve for the Roam. With no hooks or ability to to carry, it is far less convenient than other portable speakers like the UE Boom. Love the speaker but this is a crucial function for most ways that we use this type of a speaker. Thoughts?

What is the best way to go about pushing Sonos or another 3rd party vendor to make a sleeve for the Roam. With no hooks or ability to to carry, it is far less convenient than other portable speakers like the UE Boom. Love the speaker but this is a crucial function for most ways that we use this type of a speaker. Thoughts?

You can’t just carry it in your hand?  Are you asking for some sort of protective carrying case?  There have been some made on etsy, but cases and mounts made or ‘endorsed’ by Sonos tend to come a bit after product release.  I would bet something is in proudction right now.

Sure I could carry it in my hand . . .while on a bike, hiking, at the beach, etc. but you can see the problem in that, right? I’ll check out etsy but not having a hook on a portable BT speaker is a big miss. Love the sound, weight and sonos but not sure how functional it can be without this very basic part.

I think the intention was that you’d put it a backpack or bag with whatever other gear you are carrying with you.  although I guess that wouldn’t work well if you want to play music while walking, but a sleeve wouldn’t work for that either.

I’ve seen youtube video where a person used velcro straps to attach it to the handle bars on their bike.  (Sometimes intentionally loose to see how durable Roam is when it flies off)  That might be a better solution that case since every bike will be slightly different.

I can see your point about have a  hole to slip a carabiner through.  That would be nice.  Although I can also see where many wouldn’t want that for aesthetic reasons.  Perhaps some will come up with case that will accommodate that.

I’m looking for a carrier for on my handlebars. Not seen one yet so if anyone does please post here!!

A case and a carrying strap should be included with $169 purchase!

You can always be be fairly sure that someone will suggest that you don’t really need a strap or case, however, I found the brick too smooth and relatively heavy not to have a case or strap.  I had an old shaving case, provided by Air Canada decades ago, perfect for carrying and providing some (minimal) protection.

I'm going to try this from Amazon UK...