Skip to main content

This is a very unscientific analysis of the Roam battery drain after 3 hours of use. 

Roam placement: Outdoors in partly shaded area 

Roam Mode: WiFi

Music source: SiriusXM Watercolors Jazz  and R&B

Outdoor Temperature: 74 degrees

Battery initial charge 100%

Battery After 3 hours of use: 74%

Average Battery Drain: 100 minus 74 = 26 divided by 3 = 8.67. 
100 divided by 8.67= 11.53 hours estimated use.

As I said in the beginning this  analysis has no basis in science, but can be used to suggest that the Roans battery use is approximately 10 - 11 hours under the conditions set forth. Of course your use may be equal or less. I doubt it would be better?

Hey @AjTrek1,

That’s some great analysis! 10-11 hours of playback is about what you can expect in good conditions at moderate volumes. Of course external factors such as the ambient temperature can affect battery life of Roam, but your analysis matches up with what you should expect in those conditions (as well as my own personal experience over the last week!) :slight_smile:

I read the other thread about battery drain, and thought ‘oh no’, I had better test my new Roam. I charged to 100% played for 1 hour outside streaming spotify via wifi, went to 90% after 1 hour. 24 hours later in standby was 80%, and a further 24 hours reports 70% charge. So my even more un scientific test its ~10% of full charge per hour whilst playing, and ~10% of full charge per day on standby. I don’t have any voice assistants installed on the Roam.

I read the other thread about battery drain, and thought ‘oh no’, I had better test my new Roam. I charged to 100% played for 1 hour outside streaming spotify via wifi, went to 90% after 1 hour. 24 hours later in standby was 80%, and a further 24 hours reports 70% charge. So my even more un scientific test its ~10% of full charge per hour whilst playing, and ~10% of full charge per day on standby. I don’t have any voice assistants installed on the Roam.

Test it like this -- charge it to 100% before going to bed.   Then put the Roam in sleep mode (or let it go naturally to sleep mode).  Then see where it is when you wake up 8 hours later.   

I’m getting about 8 hours at 50% volume. What volume level did you use @AjTrek1 ?

I'm only getting about 4-5 hrs on 50% vol and 3 days standby.

Contacted support and they suggested I ruturn for a refund and the possibly buy again in a few months when the issue is resolved and the speaker may be reduced in price!