Answered

Remove my Play3 from the Upgrade Programme

• 24 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I was looking at upgrading my Play3 using the upgrade programme. I added the device to the programme - but now I have changed my mind and would like to keep my play3. How do I remove this.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 November 2022, 20:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Activating and using the Upgrade Program discount doesn’t mean you have to send back or trade-in your Play:3. You can keep it and continue to use it.

From Sonos:

What happens when I upgrade?

When you click Activate credit, your account will be issued an upgrade credit. You can use it immediately or save it for a future purchase. It does not expire.

Nothing happens to your eligible product when you activate or use your upgrade credit. There is no "trade-in" necessary to participate in this program.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Wow the Sonos web site must do a terrible job of explaining the Upgrade Program if people think this is how it works.

@GuitarSuperstar 

Thanks for the reply - the reason I thought I had issues was that when trying to add my Play3 yesterday it would not add and was saying that I needed to to register the play 3 - this was me then thinking that they had somehow disabled the registration of the device until they received it. I later had another attempt at adding my device to my network and it worked...so all good ….except the pain that I have had trying to get the device onto my network for the last 48hrs :-(