Skip to main content

Santa was extra good to us and we now have 2 new Move speakers to add to our current Sonos network. My question is can 2 different Move speakers, connected to the same network, play different music at the same time, i.e., my wife play rock on her Move in the kitchen while I play country on my Move out in the garage? How do we set that up? Is it as simple as just giving the speakers each a different name?

Yes. Each speaker is set up as a different ‘room’ in the Sonos software. I suppose you could call those different names. 

Santa was extra good to us and we now have 2 new Move speakers to add to our current Sonos network. My question is can 2 different Move speakers, connected to the same network, play different music at the same time, i.e., my wife play rock on her Move in the kitchen while I play country on my Move out in the garage? How do we set that up? Is it as simple as just giving the speakers each a different name?

Set them up as two different rooms, then choose the room you wish to play in by tapping the Rooms icon (4 vertical lines of differing height) at the bottom of the app, followed by a tap on the room.

Thanks for the quick replies, everyone.

Happy New Year.