Question

play tv through all of my speakers

• 30 July 2014
  • 3 replies

is there a way to play the TV sound through my playbar and 2 play:1's with full audio instead of it playing surround sound

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Your PLAYBAR is automatically going to play surround or simulated surround for the TV source. You can choose to have the music playing full stereo. 

The only way to have the PLAYBAR playing stereo along with other Sonos players is to start playing TV audio, then group your other players to your PLAYBAR, instead of setting up surround sound. This setup is likely to have a delay however between the PLAYBAR and the grouped players as that audio is going to be sent over standard SonosNet instead of using the 5 ghz wireless used in the Surround setup.

You can always try it out and see if it will work for what you're looking for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Your PLAYBAR is automatically going to play surround or simulated surround for the TV source. You can choose to have the music playing full stereo. 

The only way to have the PLAYBAR playing stereo along with other Sonos players is to start playing TV audio, then group your other players to your PLAYBAR, instead of setting up surround sound. This setup is likely to have a delay however between the PLAYBAR and the grouped players as that audio is going to be sent over standard SonosNet instead of using the 5 ghz wireless used in the Surround setup.

You can always try it out and see if it will work for what you're looking for.

By default the PLAYBAR drops any existing group it's in when it starts playing the TV signal. You can go into Manage > Room Settings > PLAYBAR > TV Settings > Ungroup on Auto-Play and turn the option off.

Once you've turned off that setting, you'll only have to recreate your group if your players are rebooted.
This setup is likely to have a delay however between the PLAYBAR and the grouped players as that audio is going to be sent over standard SonosNet instead of using the 5 ghz wireless used in the Surround setup.

I have a gen2 Play:5 and would like to add a Soundbar to my TV. As I don't have a SUB, I would like to use the Play:5 to add bass to the sound. Should I expect an additional delay being added to the sound coming from the TV - but both speakers in sync - or is there a chance that Playbar will be out of sync with the Play:5?