Skip to main content

Play 5 died

• 18 November 2017
  • 3 replies

Of course it is almost impossible to figure out how to write a review on this site. Just want to say that although I really liked my Play 5, it has quit working after 11 months and the whole return policy is a pain in the ass. I have a stereo that is 30 years old and was cheap when I bought it. It still works like new. $650.00 Play 5 is DOA.
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi there, Whatever28. What is wrong with your PLAY:5? Does it not associate wirelessly? Does it play any audio? Does it power on? What color is the LED? The more details you give, the better I can assist. Thanks in advance.
My 2016 Play 5 is also acting up. It was fine a week ago and then it got no wifi anymore... I had to turn my 2017 Fritz!box 7590 router to 2,4ghz only After getting P5 re-connected to the wifi, I moved it back to its room and the red blinking and no wifi connection issue started again. Day 2 of frustration continues. Yes I did a reboot, update, new app dl and everything on the forums. LAN works just fine but thats not useful for where it needs to stand alone.
Maybe it has a bad bug and won't remember settings or see the app after unplugging?
Help would be nice.
Hey there, Vulpix70! Would you mind submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the confirmation number it gives at the end. Be sure to do this with the PLAY:5 plugged directly into your Fritz!box Router. This will help me to get a better idea of what is happening with your PLAY:5.