Skip to main content

Does anybody know when the Play 5 will be back in stock and if Covid 19 has  impacted production and the supply chain?

Sonos has stated there are delays in shipping between warehouse and customer, but nothing on shipping between manufacturing and warehouse.  It does not look as though it’s sold out everywhere, just on the Sonos site.  However, it is possible that the stock is out to make room for new products.  Sonos has had product releases around this time in previous years, and already have S1/S2 annoucements to make.  Sonos has scheduled to announce 1st qtr results next to investors next Tuesday, so if you can wait a week or so, I would definitely do that.

Would be a real shame if sonos released a new gen3, gen1 goes into the s1 and gen2 stops selling, all this in MAY, a guy can only hope that they keep the gen2 as an SL product even if/when they release the gen3, think that would be kinda clever

Would be a real shame if sonos released a new gen3, gen1 goes into the s1 and gen2 stops selling, all this in MAY, a guy can only hope that they keep the gen2 as an SL product even if/when they release the gen3, think that would be kinda clever

Well, there’s no guarantee that a gen 3 has a built in mic, though it does seem likely.  I could be that  releases and SL version at the same time.  Or perhaps they will follow the same model as the Sonos One, and make an SL sometime later.

There are other devices that might benefit from a refresh more so than the PLAY:5, in my opinion, but I would expect Sonos’ decision to be based on what might sell best, and generate the most income. 

There are other devices that might benefit from a refresh more so than the PLAY:5, in my opinion, but I would expect Sonos’ decision to be based on what might sell best, and generate the most income. 

Agreed. I would not be surprised if there is a new play:5.  I would be surprised if there is only one new product and it happens to be a play:5.

My play5’s are about 1-2 months old, so im good for a few years, i just hope the gen3 has something that feels different if i have to pick up 2 new 5’s in the next 5-7 years, i really do love them they are perfect, Will be fun to see what they release

I was wondering if a new play 5 gen 3 could have an upward firing speaker so it could be used with a Dolby Atmos 7.1.2  set up (i think that is how it would work, new playbar with Atmos for front upward and play 5 gen 3 for rear upward firing). It could then perhaps be used as rear surround and atmos or if no its own or with the Beam, to give more of a dynamic sound? 

We will be told nothing till the launch, that is the way with Sonos and most companies.