Skip to main content

Hello,

I’m new to the community but have been a Sonos user since 2013. I have a pretty complete system and looking to enhance the sound in one of my large rooms. I currently have in that room 2 x One (stereo pair) on wall brackets in the corners and 1 x Five on the kitchen counter.

I’m not getting enough dept from my Ones and would like to upgrade. A pair of Fives would be over doing it price wise and a pair Move’s the same especially since I dont need the mobility. I can get my hands on a pair of Play 3’s for a decent price but I’m wondering how long will the Play 3’s be supported with on S2.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

Francois

The PLAY:3 hast been manufactured in years, if you’re able to find one these days, it won’t be ‘new’. That being said, I’m listening to a pair right now, and expect several more years of support. Sonos has committed to a minimum of five years past the last time it is sold on their website, but the original speakers continue to run on S1, and it’s been substantially longer than five years. It really isn’t something I’d be worried about.

On the other hand, the difference between the sound of a Sonos One and a PLAY:3 is pretty small, in my opinion. There is greater differentiation between the PLAY:1 and PLAY:3, not so much with the Sonos One in its various models. 

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for the quick and insightful answer. I think I will take my chance and go for it. I read many great reviews about the sound quality of the Play 3 especially when properly positioned.

Thanks again,

Francois

As I say, I have a pair providing very nice stereo sound in my bedroom. What I haven’t done recently is try to find one to purchase, so you may find that part challenging. 

Bonne chance!

There are a few nice used ones on E bay that are reasonably priced in the us, but unfortunately very few shift to Canada. I found a few local ones that I'm pretty sure I can negotiate a bit.

Merci encore.

François