Skip to main content

Play 1 Speakers randoml;y disconnect from WiFi.

• 6 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I have two Play 1 speakers, both on the same WiFi network (the only one in my home).  One of these speakers is only 15 feet from my router, in the same room.  No other WiFi-enabled device anywhere in my house has any trouble staying connected.  After operating just fine for several days, one or both speakers will  suddenly be “not connected”, per the app on my phone and iPad.  This happens with no change in the Wifi or the speakers.  The app’s advice is to reboot the speakers.  Sometimes this works immediately, and sometimes it take hours or days to take effect.  I can only conclude that the Play 1 software is too stupid to detect that it has lost connectivity and to activate the subroutine that reacquires it.  There is no reason on this earth that I should need to individually reboot each speaker to reconnect them.  When is Sonos going to fix their software?  

4 replies

Have a similar issue. Had support help me last week. Speakers worked for a few days and stopped. Have similar speakers, will try support again when I have time, depending on how busy they are can take an hour. There suggestions last time were to unplug the speaker, hold the pause / play button and plug back in, continue holding until yellow light flashes. Unfortunately not helpful this time around. 

Have a similar issue. Had support help me last week. Speakers worked for a few days and stopped. Have similar speakers, will try support again when I have time, depending on how busy they are can take an hour. There suggestions last time were to unplug the speaker, hold the pause / play button and plug back in, continue holding until yellow light flashes. Unfortunately not helpful this time around. 

It should switch to a flashing ‘green’ light for device setup - did that not happen in your case, post reset? If not, then try the reset whilst the device is wired back to the local router and see if that might resolve the issue. Failing that, I would suggest you speak with Sonos Customer Support via this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Finally fixed. Hooked up my speaker to my wifi with an ethernet cable. Trick is to leave it connected for at least 5 minutes until the light flashes. I set a timer and left it connected for 5 minutes. Then go through the steps of connecting your speaker.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

It's the latest firmware, it is faulty