Physical media sounds awesome through my Fives and Sub!

• 24 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @SarahN, welcome back!

Such a lovely setup! I definitely 😍 the decoration, a very beautiful corner I must say.

Thank you for the photo and the kind words, which I’ve already passed along internally!

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hey @SarahN, welcome back!

Such a lovely setup! I definitely 😍 the decoration, a very beautiful corner I must say.

Thank you for the photo and the kind words, which I’ve already passed along internally!

Thanks Sotiris!

I have many Sonos products as you can see by my profile, but have only recently been getting back into playing my CDs and records (also love streaming mind you). I have added some upgrades to my 17 year old turntable and I must say, my vinyl now sounds as good as HD Amazon streaming IMO. 

I do love the fact I can use my Sonos speakers for the older way of listening to music as well as the modern way 😀

Indeed. “Modern” releases tend to have the life compressed out of the music. Unfortunately, it can be shown that this increases sales to the pocket playing crowd. An older LP or CD, released before draconian compression became the norm, can sound better than the modern release when played on good equipment in a quiet room. The reason some of the “HD” releases sound better than the regular release is because the HD version has not been compressed. It’s not the bits or sample rate.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yeah when I do listen to streaming, I tend to listen to HD stuff on Amazon as it’s CD quality as far as I know.