Peloton bike & Sonos (wifi) One SL

• 12 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Can Peloton bike stream through Sonos (wifi) One SL or do i need to hardwire?

6 replies

The Sonos One can play from a number of streaming sources, audio files on your network,  or airplay.  It does do bluetooth and has no ports for a ‘hard wire’ connection.   There are other Sonos devices that do have bluetooth and RCA/Optical/HDMI-ARC connections though, that can group with a Sonos One to play audio.

So unless the Pelaton can do airplay or has a streaming service with it, the answer is no, but other Sonos speakers you may have can.

@Michael99 

See if this YouTube video will assist you too, but I don’t think you will achieve it with just a Sonos One-SL - I would consider getting the Sonos Roam and that way you can bluetooth the audio to that little portable speaker and group it over WiFi, at the same time, to play the audio to the One-SL.

Thanks so much  for the quick reply, Ken, and the You Tube video link. As suspected, Peloton bikes are incompatible with streaming through Sonos wifi speakers.

I already have a UE Megaboom speaker for travel so no need for a Sonos Roam. Guess I’ll stick with the headphones or maybe try to hardwire if the input/output plugs are compatible. Thanks again 

Thanks so much  for the quick reply, Ken, and the You Tube video link. As suspected, Peloton bikes are incompatible with streaming through Sonos wifi speakers.

I already have a UE Megaboom speaker for travel so no need for a Sonos Roam. Guess I’ll stick with the headphones or maybe try to hardwire if the input/output plugs are compatible. Thanks again 

Like I said before, there are no  input/output plugs on the Sonos One.

Badge

you're looking to connect your Peloton Bike/Tread to a Sonos One or Beam, you'd need to connect the Roam to the Bike/Tread with Bluetooth, then go into the Sonos App . I always prefer this method for my own dirtbikecoach.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@melvimbe I think you meant to say “it does not do bluetooth”?