Multiple Roams telling them apart

• 15 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi there, just bought my second pair of Sonos Roams

Does anyone label them, and if so how?

I have two black, and two whites and sometimes get confused which one is which

does anyone physically label them to identify which is which?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi 

First, remember the Roam (including the Move) is designed as a portable speaker unlike other Sonos that are meant t one stationary. However….

In settings for your Roam’s under Room you can select a pre-set name or type your own. For example:

White Roams

• White 1 Living / White 2 Living. As a Stereo Pair the distinct naming would be lost

Black Roams

• Black 1 Den / Black 2 Den. As a Stereo Pair the distinct naming would be lost

However, that only makes sense if you intend to leave them in the room on your your network. As soon as you switch to BlueTooth and/or move out of range of your network the stereo pair is broken. You could sticky dot label one speaker as left and the other without the sticky dot would of course be right. Here again...as soon as you switch to BlueTooth and/or move out of range of your network the stereo pair is broken.

Until Sonos figures out away to make the stereo pair auto-rejoin your efforts are probably for naught :thinking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Not Roams but I carry a pair of Play 1s around and added a Brother P-Touch label to each so I can get the right/left correct at the new location.

Very thin label that removes cleanly so I use them a lot. Several different models.

https://www.brother-usa.com/products/ptm95