Question

Multiple Play:1 speakers, multiple sources

• 12 August 2014
  • 3 replies

Am I able to connect multiple speakers to different media sources?  I currently have 1, Play:1 speaker and a bridge but I want to be able to play music through one speaker along with tv audio or other music through another when I buy a second speaker.  Which kind of speaker can i purchase to do this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello James,

You can have multiples sources such as music services and your own personal music libraries from mobile devices and a computer; however, the PLAY:1's in particular, can not connect to your TV. 

In order to have your TV play through the system, you need to plug your TV into one of the Sonos devices that has a line-in port, these are: PLAYBAR, PLAY:5, CONNECT, and CONNECT:AMP. Since you wish to have sound come out for TV as well as play music, I'd recommend you consider the PLAYBAR.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding this and I'll be happy to assist you. 
So, I think this thread answers my question too, but I'll summarize it...

I have a PLAYBAR connected to my TV, and I want to purchase some other speakers for other rooms in my home. Can I play multiple sound sources simultaneously to different speakers - e.g. TV through the PLAYBAR, music through a PLAY:3 in another room, and different music through another PLAY:3 in another room?
Yes.