Mixing era 300 and 100's

• 20 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Ok so this might be a really bad idea.  I have a room that i use only for music currently I have 2 era 100’s and a sub mini it sounds great. I was thinking it would sound even better if I added a single 300 to the set up. I know I can’t pair it to the 100’s but could I just add it as its own thing and turn them all on at the same time and have a fully immersive experience or is that just a bad idea?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Buy if and try it. If you like it: keep it.  What sounds good to you is what matters. If you don’t like it, use it in a different room or return it. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

It would be fine in terms of basic playability with the other components. Video/audio sync problems do arise when playing the same audio from a home theater setup simultaneously with other rooms, but that’s not the case here. However, you wont get Atmos capability from the Era 300 while grouped with those non-Atmos speakers.  So you should consider whether its really worth the additional cost of an Era 300 just for non-Atmos use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You would likely not get the usually desired stereo image from a three speaker setup.

If you put the 300 between the two 100s you’d likely still retain some imaging.