Skip to main content

Has any one any issues in which parts a track are missing?

the device (SONOS One SL) will not play the higher frequencies from an audio track that is streamed to it. One piece of the track is so quiet you can barely hear it and makes it hard to listen to as that is what makes the song that song. Other devices such as my Television, Phone, and PC it will play perfectly fine with that frequency and the track is then whole. It seems as if the speaker is just total junk in comparison to the built in speakers house speakers in my last house from 1999 which seem to have better treble and bass response (Those are Sonance Speakers).

Is it crazy to expect something to work correctly?

I have also tried changing the very basic equalization settings and they do nothing. (My phone has better equalization than this speaker it could be because Samsung bought Harman/Kardon))

Do you experience this with all music or just that particular song? Have you tried unplugging the speaker from power for a couple of minutes?

I have tried that already, and it seems to be a problem with this song and particular music.

It seems as if customer service doesn’t really want to fix this as they streaming it as an MP3 file from my PC, phone, and from another app is not a problem.

I am uncertain if the issue affects any other song as I have not listened to every song ever recorded as well as every performance. 

This issue is only new to SONOS S2 products and not the original generation of products.

What particular song is it? What is the source of the mp3 file? What other songs have the same problem?