Skip to main content

New Beam.  Trying to set it up using my Apple tablet with S1 Controller.  Controller finds the beam but will not connect during attempt at bluetooth connection.  Tried also with my IPhone-worse result.  I’m tired and I want to go to bed,  Any help out there?

I’m assuming you mean during the BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) setup? The Beam doesn’t support standard Bluetooth, it doesn’t have the antennas necessary to do so.

Try wiring the Beam directly to your router with an Ethernet cable instead, it should get you through setup, and then you can add your WiFi information in the controller, and finally remove the cable.

Also if this is your first Sonos product why are you not using the S2 controller?

Thanks for your input.  You nailed it.  I tried using the S2 controller first to no avail, got the same result.  Secondly, I live in a retirement community where I have no access to the router to use the ethernet option.  I spent six hours trying to make it work using bluetooth without a clue that the Beam wouldn’t work with it.  That information, if it was in the instructions, was buried deep because I read through and tried every troubleshooting move I was given, except the ethernet option.  Thanks again.  Hope Best Buy will take it back.