Skip to main content
I’m trying to set up the Sonos Beam with my parents new TV (LG 49SK80), the Beam works, but we can not control the volume with the Magic remote. When I try to pair it, Sonos is not even listed as a manufacturer
CBuongio,

See if this link helps to resolve your issue...

Configure Sonos PLAYBAR/PLAYBASE/BEAM with LG Magic Remote
Hi Ken_Griffiths - thank you, I tried that several times, SONOS is not a listed manufacturer, so I tried selecting several others and even selecting various remotes (1-6) nothing worked 😞
CBuongio

I also found this community thread. Perhaps see if that helps, or the links off one or two of the posts:

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/configure-lg-oled-magic-remote-2018-with-playbase-6808365
I finally figured it out!! I was using the optical connector as I missed the HDMI ARC port on the side of the TV, once I switched the cable and followed the instructions from the first post it works great! - thank you for your help Ken!
I finally figured it out!! I was using the optical connector as I missed the HDMI ARC port on the side of the TV, once I switched the cable and followed the instructions from the first post it works great! - thank you for your help Ken!Ah that's great news. Glad you managed to sort it in the end.?