Skip to main content

I have had my two Sonos speakers for 3 or 4 months and the degree of dysfunction with constantly needing to reset is spectacular. The app is totally unreliable and unpredictable. Worked last night, this morning the system has vanished. 

anyone have experience returning these speakers and what products do you recommend to replace?

Return them to the retailer if you’re not satisfied with the app functionality. Or contact Sonos if you bought them directly.

The app is being fixed over the next couple of months, with updates every week or fortnight, so the option is to wait for those. You’re not alone with things not working, and they already know what the app issues are.

Hi.  I have had Sonos for 11 years and have not yet needed to reset the speakers.  I’m sorry that your experience has been bad, but the cause of problems like yours is in 99% of cases fixable by making simple changes to the network or to Sonos settings.  If you want to describe your network and Sonos setups, there are people in the Community willing and able to help.

I have had my two Sonos speakers for 3 or 4 months and the degree of dysfunction with constantly needing to reset is spectacular. The app is totally unreliable and unpredictable. Worked last night, this morning the system has vanished. 

anyone have experience returning these speakers and what products do you recommend to replace?

If it’s been less than 90 days and you bought them before Sonos changed their return policy to 30 days (right after the app release, they knew🤣) you can return them to Sonos. Otherwise you own them and should follow John’s advice. 

I would work toward getting your system reliable working on the issues - they are great speakers and system issues can easily be fixed.    Your past ability to return product - use it as its meant and you will be very happy once you work out the current issues you have.

Return them to the retailer if you’re not satisfied with the app functionality. Or contact Sonos if you bought them directly.

The app is being fixed over the next couple of months, with updates every week or fortnight, so the option is to wait for those. You’re not alone with things not working, and they already know what the app issues are.

Thanks @Rhonny. This morning the speakers are working again...no router reset, moving speakers or anything… 

Anybody have a sense of / confidence in the app updates addressing glitches and actually fixing the problem?

I think it’s still going to be buggy next month or 2 since they are redeveloping at such fast pace bound to be bugs  

I can't wait for the class action lawsui that is sure to come.   Sonos is the Peleton of wireless speakers.