Skip to main content

Sonos stopped supporting my expensive Play5 speakers only a few years after I paid for them.  Will they stop supporting these new products too? They are expensive and it sucks when they become soundless Paper Weights.  

I don’t understand - the vast majority of older kit, including Play5 speakers, is still supported using S1 software. I’m listening to music on mine same as ever.

They don’t allow using S2 software as the devices are too hardware limited to run it.

As far as hardware goes, they never have repaired kit, but luckily in the UK I found a place that did. They rebuilt the amps on my faulty Play5 and it sounds as good as ever.

Sonos stopped supporting my expensive Play5 speakers only a few years after I paid for them.  Will they stop supporting these new products too? They are expensive and it sucks when they become soundless Paper Weights.  

Sonos is required to support a device for at least 5 years after end of sales (which makes your “only a few years” immediately suspect/hyperbole).  However, most of the S1 devices are over a decade old at this point, and contrary to your misleading claim, are still supported under S1 to this very day.  Indeed, they operate in the exact same manner as they did the day of the S1/S2 split and are hardly “soundless Paper Weights”.  Are you sure you even own Sonos?  

@User761025 . I am genuinely curious - do you really believe the misinformation in your post or are you mischievously trying to propagate it?

I have units from SONOS units from 2005 that still function.