Skip to main content
Can Aleksa play the same music both thru the Echo Dot and The Sonos Play 1 or do I need to hardwire them together ?
They can not be synchronized at this moment. In order to "sync", you'd need a PLAY:5 or a CONNECT in order to feed the line out on the Dot to the Line in on the Sonos.

This is likely due to the different ways that the music gets to each speaker. If I understand it correctly, the music is "pushed" to an Echo, but "pulled" from a Sonos speaker, and consequently is difficult to sync the two operations.
excellent ! thanks
They can not be synchronized at this moment.

If I understand it correctly, the music is "pushed" to an Echo, but "pulled" from a Sonos speaker, and consequently is difficult to sync the two operations.

The latter isn't an issue once the Echo/Dot is connected via a line in jack on Sonos. What still comes in the way of sync is the small delay on the Sonos side, to allow all Sonos players to be in perfect sync. Of course, if the Echo/Dots are in different rooms, this is not an issue and one can have the same music playing with an Echo/Dot group in sync and through a Sonos group, with the out of sync issue between the two groups not heard because of room separation.
While normally I'd agree with you, Kumar, the OP was asking about a Sonos One, and not any of the Sonos devices that have a line-in.