Skip to main content
Grouping to hear tv audio wired to Sonos playbar, to listen in from kitchen on Sonos speaker 1. this worked well for about 6 months and now does not. Sound is fine at tv but no sound in kitchen. Ideas?
Grouping to hear tv audio wired to Sonos playbar, to listen in from kitchen on Sonos speaker 1. this worked well for about 6 months and now does not. Sound is fine at tv but no sound in kitchen. Ideas?

Hi there,

Welcome to the community. You should be able to group your Play:1 with your Playbar in order to hear the TV audio in another room. Please reproduce the issue, then send in a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number, I'll take a look.
I am having issues with tv audio playing in another group. When I send it to the kitchen as well as surround the kitchen speaker is juddering

Diagnostic number 1011685105
I am having issues with tv audio playing in another group. When I send it to the kitchen as well as surround the kitchen speaker is juddering

Diagnostic number 1011685105

Hi murra4,

Thanks for sending in the report. Overall, the communication between your Sonos speakers looks good. Your Kitchen unit is falling out of sync, leading to the audio issue you've described. Does this happen while playing audio from sources other than your home theater? Can you try grouping your home theater speakers with the Kitchen unit, then playing audio from a different source, such as internet radio?
The audio works fine with music. It’s only when on tv. The only way I can get it to stop is by switching the 5.1 off on sky box but then that turns off the surround sound
The audio works fine with music. It’s only when on tv. The only way I can get it to stop is by switching the 5.1 off on sky box but then that turns off the surround sound

Thanks for the update. It's possible that the TV audio is using more bandwidth, making it harder for the speakers to play steadily. Please try setting each of your wireless access points to the same wireless channel. It looks like channel 1 may be the best.
Working fine now. Changed the channel to 1 on the sky router and it’s working. I’ll Keep an eye (ear) on it and let you know if it stops working. Thanks