Skip to main content

Hi guys,

I am a proud owner of a Sonos Roam speaker. I love to carry it when visiting friends and barbecuing at different places with WiFi coverage.

I prefer the WiFi connection so the music keeps playing even when I move farther away from the speaker.

Any chance to see an easy and quick connection of the Sonos Roam to different WiFis? Or advise how to do thiss in case I have missed this option?

Thanks,

Toller

You can connect to any WiFi just by adding the network details in Settings, System, Network. I don't think it could be any easier.

Hi,

I finally managed to connect to a different wifi network as you have suggested - thanks for the help. I suppose the previous troubles could be related to the fact, that the other wifi I tried to connect to already was setup to a different Sonos system with other speakers? And I was not trying to connect Roam to this other system, just wanted to use the wifi for my Roam.

Thanks,

Toller

OK.  Briefly powering off the ‘resident’ Sonos system while you add the WiFi details to your speaker(s) might help.

Just for completeness….probably wise not to try to join the systems together.  This is also fairly straightforward, but requires a factory reset of the ‘visiting’ speaker(s).  This is because you would otherwise be shoving together two systems with different settings, installed services, playlists etc, and it is part of Sonos’ fundamental design that these must be common across the system.

A factory reset could be a particularly bad idea if the speakers you have with you are your entire system.