Answered

Factory resetting SONOS MOVE

• 25 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Hi! I have a new SONOS MOVE and registered to my account and system... However I would like to give it to a friend and therefore I would like to completely remove and deregister it from my system and account...

Just wonder if any expert here can advise me how to do it? Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by jgatie 25 September 2019, 15:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

From: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US

Sonos Move
  1. Take Move off the charging base.
  2. Press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds to power it off.
  3. Press and hold the Join button and place Move back on the charging base.
  4. Continue holding the Join button until the light on top flashes orange and white.
  5. The light will flash green when the process is complete and your Sonos Move is ready to be set up.

The Join button is the button on the back with the infinity symbol.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Thanks for your kind reply! Actually I have did that and the speaker already back to a "ready to be setup" mode... However, from my SONOS controller it still shows a RED DOT is offline... and I could still see it in "System" when I login to my SONOS account...

I want it to be completely disappear from my controller, my system and my account...
It will disappear from the controller in a few days.
It will disappear from your Sonos account when your friend registers it.
It will only disappear from your account when it is registered elsewhere. As to the controller/system, I believe if you close the app fully and restart, it should disappear. But I'm not near my system at the moment to try it out.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
It will only disappear from your account when it is registered elsewhere. As to the controller/system, I believe if you close the app fully and restart, it should disappear. But I'm not near my system at the moment to try it out.

Thanks! I have restart my mobile phone but it's still here... or maybe it will disappear only in a few days as ratty said...