Skip to main content
Question

ERA 300 stereo pair sabotaged by new Sonos S2 app

• 26 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Well, had my workroom dual Sonos ERA 300s set up in stereo pair with sub and all was well.  New app was automatically downloaded to my iPhone and lost the system.  Nothing recognized.  Finally, after trying to reconnect multiple times had to reset all 3 units (2 ERA 300s and Sub Gen 3) to factory defaults.  Even then a hell of a time to reconnect.  Had to create a new room for them and finally got them paired.  Plays through Amazon Music fine.  But trying to play iPhone music (Apple) through Bluetooth is no joy.  Can pair but shows what appears to be a speaker designation for one of the speakers.  And then only plays through one of the speakers and the sub.  Will keep playing with it but made me wonder the extent of the issues the recent email from the company apologizing for the new app really are.  

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well, its magic time.  Went to dinner.  Came back and tried again.  Suddenly Bluetooth sounds terrific and in stereo.  Amazon Music still great.  I think that the sound is cleaner and punchier since the update.  Probably my imagination but I am fine with that.  The bugs are bothersome, but if this is the result worth the trials.