Skip to main content
Answered

Era 100 + Roam

• 16 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Is it possible to put 1-2 Roams in the same location as an Era 100, and have them play as a set?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

It depends. They can certainly be grouped in the Sonos software, but you can’t use the Sonos Roam as a surround speaker. And if the Era 100 is in use as a surround speaker, there will be a delay between the home theater ‘room’ and the Roam’s rooms of at least 75ms. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I think Bruce is confused -or anticipating the next question -  don’t think you have a home theatre speaker (Arc/Beam/Ray) so yes, the Roams and Era can be grouped on wifi. 

Edited to add: Sorry - I just looked at @Olliedawg348’s profile so maybe Bruce was right to anticipate the surrounds question! Sorry Bruce ☹️

Lol, feel free to jump in anytime. I can make wrong assumptions with the best of them, or even leave out pertinent data because my mind is going in a different direction ;)

Badge

Thanks for the replies. We use our Beam upstairs strictly for our TV, nothing else. I get what Bruce is saying, but if we take the Beam out of the picture, will the Era 100/Roam solution work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Thanks for the replies. We use our Beam upstairs strictly for our TV, nothing else. I get what Bruce is saying, but if we take the Beam out of the picture, will the Era 100/Roam solution work?

Yes, as a group. Set the Era as a new room, and then group with whatever else you want to play together. Room name is just a label to identify a speaker. 

Badge

Gotcha, nik9669a. Props to you and Bruce for making short work of this question.