Skip to main content

Hello,

I'm wondering if the Era 100/300 will be capable of connecting to Wi-Fi 6E in the future. According to Sonos documentation, right now they are only capable of connecting to 802.11ac (WiFi 5), 802.11ax (WiFi 6), 802.11n, and 802.11a

On the other hand, @Corry P mentioned in an older “ era future proof “ article that the chipsets in the Era 100 and Era 300 also support WiFi 6E, and as these technologies mature and become mainstream,  Sonos can provide software updates for the Era 100 and Era 300 to add new features. 

Does that mean Era speakers will be able to support 6GHz Wi-Fi 6E ( 802.11axe ) in a future update?

Hi @Kamarinchev 

Thanks for your post! And, apologies for the delay!

Era 100/300 and Move 2 products already support 802.11ax (WiFi 6) when set up with the new app. Please see our Supported Wi-Fi modes and security standards for Sonos products help page for full details.

I hope this helps.

Hello,

Are they compatible with wifi 6E as I cannot connect and was previously told not compatible with 6E?

Best

They won’t connect to a 6GHz network which is the new bit for 6E over 6 … They will still connect to a 6E wireless network device, just using the 5GHz or 2.4GHz bands.