Skip to main content

Hi all.  I accidently chose to upgrade one of my play:1’s.   Does this affect anything in anyway? Can I still update it and use it?

You mean used it for a discount, or do you mean you moved it from S1 to S2?

If it’s the first, you can continue to use it as you always have.

If it’s the second, you have the choice of upgrading the rest of your Sonos devices to S2, or running your current system as two, an S1 and an S2. They won’t ‘seek each other, and can not be ‘grouped’. 

Thanks for the reply.  I already upgraded all to S2.  I mean I just chose upgrade under my system on the web page.  I didn’t get an email or anything, and didn’t buy anything as a result as I already am awaiting a very nice discounted BEAM order. (Feb?! 😞 whaaa.. ) lol.

Just want to be sure nothing will change since I chose upgrade for one of the play:1’s..  These aren’t even outdated really are they?

Hi, good question. The upgrade program doesn’t seem so clear. Is this just a program to get discount for a new device without any incidence on the current equipment? Or with this discount, Sonos can reduce warranty or future udpate for the equipment upgraded  supposing we replaced it? 

Nothing changes, other than you can’t use those devices to get another discount, nor can someone who you sell them to.

No, the PLAY:1s are not outdated in any way. They have enough memory and CPU to run S2.