Answered

Disappointed with product changes

• 19 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Although we are satisfied with the product and it’s quality, I have lived with the very disappointing news that I cannot play my songs stored in my phone. 
when we purchased the product, this was the one reason we purchased Sonos because we could play the music we have purchased from Apple I tunes. This was the feature we enjoyed most about using Sonos. After being able to do this for a number of years, Sonos and Apple changed there strategies and now the only way we can play our music is with a subscription to Apple Music. This was the only option Sonos offered us to restore our original level of service, allow us to play our music in I tunes from our phone or unless a stand alone Mac PC with I tunes was on in WiFi. 
Has any one else been disappointed or know of a way to restore to original service? 
Thank you 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 March 2023, 21:15

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7

It is not possible to “restore to original service”. But if you are using an iOS device, you can add a Sonos speaker that is compatible with AirPlay and stream the music from your iOS device to the speaker. You can then group your older speakers to the AirPlay-enabled speaker and play AirPlay audio through all of your speakers. Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/stream-airplay-audio-to-sonos?language=en_US