Answered

Connecting Three Era 300s

• 1 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello Sonos Community,

I purchased three total Era 300s, two of which I setup as a stereo pair in my living room. I would like to connect the third one to the stereo pair, and set it in a different room, but have it playing the same music as the stereo pair.

Is this possible? Or can only two Era 300s connect and play the same music at once?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 December 2023, 03:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You set up the third Era 300 as another room, then group the two rooms. The room with the pair will be in stereo, the third will be a mono speaker, with both right and left channels combined. 

Thank you, Bruce! Sincerely appreciate your prompt and helpful reply. I’m new to these products! This worked 😀

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You set up the third Era 300 as another room, then group the two rooms. The room with the pair will be in stereo, the third will be a mono speaker, with both right and left channels combined. 

Sorry to question your wisdom Bruce, but I think the single Era 300 will play in stereo, albeit from the single unit? 

Ah, perhaps…although in my mind, I tend to think of a single enclosure as ‘mono’, even though, it technically isn’t. The Five is equally ‘stereo’, although to determine that, it has to be pretty close to my head. It’s hard to get a wide stereo soundstage from a single enclosure. 

Feel free to question my comments anytime. I’ve never (at least in public) claimed to be perfect ;)