Skip to main content
Question

connecting my move 2

• 23 July 2024
  • 3 replies

My new move 2 is showing in my system with my other Sonos speakers but when you want it to play it says “can’t connect please try later” 70 minute wait on phone to speak to someone 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Skatey 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

Are you, by any chance, attempting to play Apple Music on your new Move 2? If so, we are aware of this issue and are investigating.

The good news is that you can resolve the issue by factory resetting your Move 2 and setting it up again - it should then play Apple Music without issue:

Sonos Move and Move 2

1. Take your Move product off of the charging base.
  2. Press and hold the power button on the back of your Move or Move 2 for at least five seconds to power it off. You will hear a chime and the status light will turn off.
  3. Turn your Move product back on by pressing the power button on the back or by placing it on the charging base.
  4. While it’s powering on, press and hold one of the following buttons, depending on the model:
    • Move: Hold the Join (infinity) button while Move is powering on.
    • Move 2: Hold the Bluetooth button while Move 2 is powering on.
  5. Continue holding the button until the status light begins flashing orange and white.
  6. The status light will flash green when the process is complete.

Follow the steps in our setup articles for Move or Move 2 to add your product back to your Sonos system.

If you are having this issue with any other music service, please do not reset your Move 2 - instead, please let me know which service you are trying to play, and if any others successfully play. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

I get this message and dont know the button location to press. 

Are they referring to the speaker or the app on the phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @luisfrancisco 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The app is showing that you should press the two buttons on either side of the Play/Pause button, on the speaker, at the same time.

I hope this helps.