Question

Changing WIFI, none of the support articles work

• 17 January 2017
  • 7 replies

I have just changed my wifi connection and am now trying to reconnect my 2x Play 1 speakers, but it is not working.

Step one:
I have followed the instructions that the sonos controller recommends on how to change the wifi settings. Plugged my speaker into the router with an ethernet cable, but my speaker does not appear in the sonos controller as it should. It just keeps telling me that I need to follow the instructions. So I am going round in circles.

Step two:
I tried 'setting up a new system' from my phone. I get to the point where there is meant to be a temporary 'sonos' wifi network I am meant to join, but the network never appears. So I can't progress with those steps either.

Can anybody help?

Why does Sonos make this so difficult? Surely I should just be able to adjust the wifi settings in the app!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Whoops, wrong thread.
I have followed the instructions that the sonos controller recommends on how to change the wifi settings. Plugged my speaker into the router with an ethernet cable, but my speaker does not appear in the sonos controller as it should.
How long did you give it? It can take a minute or two to change over to wired/SonosNet operation. There would have been flashing of the status LED as the connection was re-established.
I gave it twenty minutes, but my speaker still did not display in the controller.
I got the flashing white light, and then the solid white light.
What router do you have?
As in what brand? It is Hyperoptic, 1GB fibreoptic router.
UPDATE: I have resolved it.

I connected my speaker to my new router using the ethernet cable that came with Sonos. Previously I was using the cable that came with the new router. This seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for your help.