Skip to main content
I have moved to a new home. The names of the speakers on my SONOS system corresponds to the old house. How to reflect the speaker in each room of the new house? Thanks,
I have moved to a new home. The names of the speakers on my SONOS system corresponds to the old house. How to reflect the speaker in each room of the new house? Thanks,

By changing the 'room' names (i.e. the speaker's names) in the room settings.
That is it? Change the name the 'room settings'? Don't need to turn off the speaker to find out which room it was already addressed? Seems too simple . . . 🙂

Thanks for your note.
If you're not sure what speakers are it what rooms, you could just play music in them one at a time, right? Or perhaps I'm not seeing the issue.
I have 5 speakers. Will turning off an individual speaker while playing music identify the room the speaker is current in? Then I can identify the speaker with the proper room and change the location . . . ? Sorry but this is not intuitive . . . 🙂
I have 5 speakers. Will turning off an individual speaker while playing music identify the room the speaker is current in? Then I can identify the speaker with the proper room and change the location . . . ? Sorry but this is not intuitive . . . :)

Ungroup all speakers. Choose the first room and play something in that room. Find the speaker that is playing, then rename that room to the actual room name. Repeat for all other rooms.
Thanks for your help. I finally retuned each speaker to the proper room. Worked. You option would have been easier.

I will remember. Thanks again.