Bug: Sub gen 3 not synching to left speaker

• 4 November 2023
  • 8 replies

I have 2 Play 5 (Gen: 2) in stereo with a sub gen 3 for lots of punch.

But I figured out, that when I change the volume on my left speaker it doesn’t change on the sub, so if you put it on 10% in the app then to 0 on the speaker, both of the speakers will go quiet but the sub still plays the song 

That doesn’t happen on the right speaker or the app

Not a major annoyance for me, but interesting and something someone should look into

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This would be normal behavior if you would group both speakers and had bonded the Sub to only one of the speakers - though the volume control would then also not work for both sepekrs. Are you sure you’ve set the speakers up as a stereo pair? If so, maybe unpair them, unbond the Sub and pair/bond the speakers and Sub again.

Userlevel 1

I have exactly the same issue: stereo pair of Play:1 (HW: 1.8.3.7-2.0) and Sub (HW: 1.8.2.5-2.5)

The SUB volume doesn't sync with the buttons on the left speaker, while the stereopair does. The stereopair can be muted, while the sub keeps playing bass. 

The SUB does sync with the right speaker in the stereo pair and with the app. 

This also seems related to this thread:

I have re-created the strereo pair and tried with another Play:1 (HW 1.10.1.6-2.2) as left speaker; the issue remains.

I have exactly the same issue: stereo pair of Play:1 (HW: 1.8.3.7-2.0) and Sub (HW: 1.8.2.5-2.5)

The SUB volume doesn't sync with the buttons on the left speaker, while the stereopair does. The stereopair can be muted, while the sub keeps playing bass. 

The SUB does sync with the right speaker in the stereo pair and with the app. 

This also seems related to this thread:

I have re-created the strereo pair and tried with another Play:1 (HW 1.10.1.6-2.2) as left speaker; the issue remains.

This definitely sounds like a legit software bug.

In which case, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

Sonos support, and Sonos programmers don’t frequent this community forum, only Sonos forum moderators. Giving support some hard data to pass on to the engineers would likely be very helpful in having the bug fixed. 

Exact same issue here as well with a One + One SL paired to a Sub Mini.

What did Sonos support say, when you contacted them with your diagnostic?

They opened a case and advised that I call phone support monday-friday after resetting and removing the sub as well as left speaker failed to resolve the behavior.

So you haven’t called them back yet?