Skip to main content
Have paired my laptop to a beam but no sound on the beam just on the laptop
Sorry, that doesn't make any sense in terms of the Sonos software. You don't pair a computer with a Sonos device. Did you perhaps set up the controller (remote control) on your laptop?

The Sonos system isn't designed to be a computer (laptop) speaker, it is a internet streaming speaker. The Sonos controller connects to the computer in the speaker (Beam in your case) and tells it where to get music from. For the Beam, it can be across the internet, like Amazon Music, or it can be n the digital line in, from the optical or HDMI input. If you have your computer connected to the Beam with an HDMI connector, you need to be sure that the application that you're running on the PC has the ability to send audio across the HDMI, many applications, and many PCs don't have the ability, they can only send video.
Have sorted out now went into advance settings so now have my music that I have on the laptop going through the Sonos
Hi does this only work for music? Looking for a way to stream movie audio from my laptop, netflix or otherwise. Currently getting no audio at all.