Beam 2 vs Move 2

• 23 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Just a general question without all the specifics. Which has better sound overall for streaming music Beam 2 or Move 2? I have the 2 Eras and Move 2 already and just added a Beam 2 but like the Move sound and versatility better. Anyone using 2 Move 2s in one room? 

2 replies

I have a stereo pair of Move-2’s and a Beam (Gen 2).

For music audio, I prefer the Move-2s as they have great bass and overall clarity …and more importantly for me, they can be set for a wider stereo soundstage compared to the Beam, which I find is mostly great for TV audio or as a computer sound system..

The downside to the Move speakers is they cannot have a separate Sonos Sub (which greatly improves the Beam audio, alongside available surrounds), but the Move bass is pretty good anyway. The nice thing too about having two Moves is they’re great outdoors in our garden/patio area for family BBQ’s etc. and it’s portability/auto-tuning is ideal for use in most locations both in and around the Home.

They’re really designed for two different uses. The Move are portable music speakers, the Beam is designed as a TV speaker foremost, and other things second.