Skip to main content
Hi there,

I recently ordered a new Sonos One and an Echo Dot from Amazon, with the intention of testing out both Sonos and Alexa and deciding whether or not to incorporate these services into a home theater upgrade. I want to listen to my audible audiobooks via this speaker. read from google and from a topic here a month ago that this is not possible. Any updates? I listen to a lot of audiobooks, and had intended to do two of these Ones in kitchen and bedroom and a 5.1 combination for the media and gaming - so I could listen to music and books in all three rooms.

Any update on Audible? I have an echo dot, tablets of all manner, iOS devices and a MacBook as well as an original Bell telephone and a guide to generating smoke signals. Can I get audible to play through Sonos One or any Sonos system?
Well, I got the Sonos One and Echo Dot all set up and linked, but Sonos will not play it. Amazon music unlimited works fine. I like the design and I like the sound but I can't keep a speaker that won't play audiobooks - I listen to them as much as I do music.

Smart speaker is too smart. I've got to go with the dumb ones.
Yeah, I bought the One today, expecting I'd be able to listen to Audible, wrong! Also can't really "control" Sonos, just play what Amazon allows me to. Disappointing.
Yep.

One of those one-star reviews over at Amazon is mine, Sonos team. I'd love to update it.
I just did the same... very dissapointed i will return sonos one and buy more echos so i can listen to my books...
Audible is coming to Sonos soon in a big way. When it becomes available you'll be able to use Alexa's voice control, the Sonos app, and the Audible app all to control your books on Sonos. We're hard at work with the Audible team to bring all them at the same time as soon as it's ready.

We don't have a timeline to share right now, but it's one of our top priorities.
For a “top priority”-it’s been more than a year.
I’m just bumping this thread to say I have rewritten my review on Amazon and am pleased.
Thanks for sharing Apalach1cola! We hope you enjoy. The voice control portion is still underway, but we wanted to get the in Sonos and direct control apps in your hands as soon as we could.
Apalach, I'm confused why you're pleased--nothing's fixed; Audible still doesn't work with the sonos:one.