Skip to main content

Hello,

Before anything else I want to let you know that I am aware that the sonos products work through the sonos app and the best way to connect the Symfonisk lamps are through a beam or an arc and set them as surround.

Getting that of our way, I trying to figure out a cheaper way of doing this. Does anyone on this forum own an apple 4k tv (5th gen) and 2 Ikea Symfonisk lamps? I am curious of 2 essential aspects:

1. Can the apple 4k tv be connected to the TV and simply act as an audio out device to the Ikea Symfonisk lamps (in stereo)? (I am not interested in using the apple 4k tv to its intended purpose and to use its apps, but only act as the audio out to those speakers via airplay 2)
  2. If the answer is yes to number 1, is there any audio delay, de-sync with the image from the TV?

A bit of an example for a more accurate visual representation: let’s say one owns an LG CX Oled display TV, an apple 4k tv and 2 Ikea Symfonisk lamps. I am wondering if I could watch TV and send the audio via hdmi arc to the apple 4k tv which sends it forward to the 2 Ikea Symfonisk lamps, in stereo, via airplay 2.

Let me know your thoughts and if someone has tried this before and how it worked out.

Hi, I have almost the same setup you mentioned except for one Symfonisk speaker paired with AppleTV. And I understand correctly you can’t do what you want. You can set up the AppleTV to airplay it’s audio to the Symfonisk, but it will only work with content watched from the AppleTV itself. You can pass the audio from the TV (with ARC) to the AppleTV, sorry.

The Symfonisk btw sounds very good when used with appletv content ;)

@macshodan Thank you, very much, for your reply, Sir! It makes me sad as none of my workarounds in trying to use a pair of Symfonisk lamps with a TV work. Sonos made their products too exclusivist. I really love the lamps and love their sound, but I guess I have to purchase a beam or an arc in order to use them with a TV. 

You’re welcome!

I guess what they intended with those products was to use them as speaker for music, they have other products better suited for tv. :slight_smile:

I’m going to buy an Arc eventually too, mainly because of Dolby Atmos support and also because I wanted a better sound for my playstation too!