Skip to main content
Question

Apple Music through Sonos App - song volume

• 25 July 2024
  • 1 reply

In the past I have been using PLEX to run my Music - through the Sonos App - I had many issues with connection but never had any issues with volume. Most of my playlists were downloaded throughout the years from iTunes.

I have signed up for Apple Music for convenience and now use Apple Music through the Sonos App to play my Playlists in Era100 Speakers - since I changed to Apple li had to turn down volume to 18 (on PLEX I had them on 32) - some songs are playing extremely loud and others play very quiet - I have been tried the Apple Soundcheck option but on or off does not seem to make a difference.

music is played in my business so it extremely annoying having to change volume for every song - anybody had any similar experiences? Any ideas? Solutions?

Thank you very much 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Yes I had this last year I noticed it and dropped Apple Music as a result and switched to Qobuz for the quality as I am not a fan of atmos and the increased gain of Apple Music on the Sonos App 

I do remember seeing a thread around the time with each company blaming each other when questioned by a user but guess it’s not been resolved 

it’s not the new app as I had it last year sorry but don’t think it’s going to get resolved anytime soon