Skip to main content

I recently bought a pair of the Sanus stands for my One SLs but noticed that the power cable can only exit the back of the stand. I plan on putting these behind my sofa that is open to the rest of the room on the back. I want to push the stands partially under the back of the sofa and would like the power cable to come out the front of the stand rather than the back so I can hide the cables under the couch. Before I take back the Sanus stands, does anyone know if any stands have an option to change where the cable exits on the base? Flexson or the Sonos brand maybe?  

Surely someone here has the Sonos brand stands (or Flexson) that can answer the question about the base and if the power cable can come out the front of the base. Anyone?

Sonos doesn’t have their own brand of speaker stand, they just sell Sanus and Flexson on their website.

Anyway, I doubt you’re going to find a stand that routes the power cable at the front, as there just isn’t any market for it….your situation is rather unique.  However, I think a solution could be to place something under the stand to raise it up a bit to allow the power cable to exit out the front while being stable and not damaging the wire.  Maybe the felt pads designed to go under furniture?  Maybe stack 2-3 of them to get the needed height?

Thanks for the response. I’ve thought about cutting a notch in the front of the base on the Sanus stands (like there is already on the back) but didn’t want to do that If there was a better solution, maybe it is the best way to go.

Are these not Sonos brand stands? 
https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/speaker-stand-pair-one-play1.html

Well dang.  I guess I was wrong.  For the longest time, Sonos didn’t make their own stands and mounts, but it looks like that changed and I didn’t notice it.