Skip to main content
I just want to confirm, that it IS possible to add a Play 1 (with Alexa) to a set up with just 2 One's. I just want the Play 1 to be in a seperate bedroom for music, not to be used as a stereo set up in the entertainment room.
I just want to confirm, that it IS possible to add a Play 1 (with Alexa) to a set up with just 2 One's. I just want the Play 1 to be in a seperate bedroom for music, not to be used as a stereo set up in the entertainment room.

Hi there,

It sounds like you already have a 5.1 setup in your home. You can add a Sonos One to any Sonos system and it will act as its own room in your app. You can play music to just the Sonos One, or you can group it together with your other Sonos speakers.

If you have a PLAYBAR, you can add 2 Sonos One speakers as rear speakers, however the Alexa voice control won't work when in this setup. To use voice control with a 5.1 setup, the main speaker needs to be a PLAYBASE or Beam.

You can set up a stereo pair of 2 Sonos Ones, but you can't make a stereo pair with a Sonos One and a PLAY:1.

Adding a Sonos One on its own will allow you to use voice commands with your whole system.
Yes. I already have the full set up of Playbar, sub and 2 surround One speakers. Just want to make sure if I add a Play 1 it will still work but be in a seperate room, NOT part of the surround system.
Yes. I already have the full set up of Playbar, sub and 2 surround One speakers. Just want to make sure if I add a Play 1 it will still work but be in a seperate room, NOT part of the surround system.

That will work just fine.