Question

Adding a Naim Muso to my Sonos group

• 25 October 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have a couple of Sonos Play 1's and a Naim Muso that I've had for a while longer than the Sonos kit. Normally I listen to the Muso via the Spotify app. Occasionally it would be useful to bring the Play 1's into a group with the Muso. Could I achieve that using the Connect (the Muso has an optical input) and has anyone any experience of this?

I'm looking to avoid the issue of out of sync audio across the device & maintain the audio performance of the Muso whilst still being able to use the Muso as a dedicated speaker via the Spotify app when I want to.

I appreciate one option is to swap out the Muso for a Play 5, but I'm not considering that option for now :)
Hope that all makes sense and any suggestions / advice / experience welcome!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Adding a CONNECT is indeed the way to bring Sonos functionality to existing amplified audio kit.

A CONNECT's outputs will play in sync with the PLAY:1s. However if the Muso has any undefeatable digital processing inside it could rain on the parade by inserting delay. This can be a problem with some AV receivers that lack a 'direct' mode.
I have the same idea, did anyone test it?